Shine On: A Showcase of Catholic School Talent
The show must go on! Our third annual Shine On talent competition features Catholic school students in the performing and visual arts. We’re excited to showcase their talents and hard work virtually this year! Performing arts students will compete live:
March 7, 2021 | 3 p.m. | Visitation School, Mendota Heights
- Join us here for the livestream of our 2021 Shine On talent competition
- Matt Birk, master of ceremonies
- Opening prayer from Bishop Andrew Cozzens
- And judges:
- Kathryn Kueppers, Miss Minnesota 2019
- Kerry Casserly Carter, Lundstrum Performing Arts
- Andrea Hjelm, Moore Creative Talent
- Jeremy Stanbary, Open Window Theatre
- Timotha Lanae, professional performing artist and singer
- We’ll display the artwork of the 16 visual arts finalists throughout the show and announce the winners
Watch the livestream:
Because of the pandemic, we’re unable to host a live audience. Tune in here for the livestream of Shine On: A Showcase of Catholic School Talent.
About Shine On
We created the Shine On talent competition to promote arts education in the 79 preschool–8th grade Catholic schools in the greater Twin Cities metro area. Our schools love and support the arts, and there is no better way to enhance arts education than by showcasing students’ talent and hard work in the performing arts and visual arts.
First, fourth–eighth grade students audition and submit artwork. Next, judges with expertise in the field select finalists in each category. Then, the performers receive individual lessons from our partner, Lundstrum Performing Arts, as well as training for the group performance.